Image Map

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Knowing better equals Doing Better


The purpose of this blog is to share my struggles, victories, thoughts, and share with you the people I'm learning from, other blogs, and the fun things I find along this journey.

Today we start part 1 of our two week series on TIME! There isn't a day that goes by that either someone or myself says, "If only I had more time!" God is really trying to refine this area in my life right now. As I've had discussions about this topic, I've realized it's an area we all work on daily! God is daily calling us to something greater and "For such a time as now!"


Wisdom is something we all want and I feel one great way to do this is by learning from others who have learned through their journey and are applying to their daily walk.
So in this series I'll be shining a spotlight on friends who have so graciously offered to share some of their tips and thoughts on time.
My friend Sarai Gilbert gave me a great idea for the title and a great story behind it."Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." Maya Angelou Time management is one of society's greatest mysteries. So, maybe if we knew better we would do better! Thanks Sarai! You won the Starbucks gift card!

Today's tips and thoughts on Time!

"I think time is a resource that we often take for granted (I know at least I do!) Something that has been important for me is to make to-do lists of the things I need to get done and when doing so, makesure I leave open space in my schedule. Leaving this space helps me to be spontaneous, go out for coffee and have great conversations with friends, take a family dinner, etc. I think these are activities that can oftentimes be overlooked, but I believe they are just as important ways to be spending our time."   Sarah Bonner
 

A recent graduate taking a year off before going back to school. She recently started her own website as a virtual assistant. Joyfully organized.  She's engaged and recently moved to North Carolina. 


"Tips for organization- I try to do at least one crockpot meal per week and I try to do at least one meal on the hefty side to allow for leftovers another night." Heather Plemmons
Heather is a wife, mom, teacher, and friend. She has such a servants heart and is always finding ways to serve others. She hosts a small group each week and is always sharing wonderful recipes and her own creations.

It's not too late for you to share your tips and thoughts about time! Whether a sentence or whole page, we can all share what we are doing to DO BETTER! Email or message me your tips!
Check in Thursday to learn about deposits of time. You don't want to miss it!












1 comment: